Rules for Organizing the Club
Rules for Organizing the Club
At your next meeting you can go ahead and organize the Club according to the following rules:
1. The Club shall be called the Sportstown Rifle Club.
2. The Club shall be managed by a President, Vice-Presidents and a Committee of eleven (five to form a quorum) elected by ballot at the Annual General Meeting each year.
3. The Officers shall consist of President, Treasurer, Secretary and Auditors, who shall be exofficio members of the Committee and shall be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting each year.
4. Vacancies in the Committee, or Officers, occurring during the year may be filled by the Committee.
5. The property of the Club shall be vested in the Committee for the time being.
6. Application for membership shall be made in writing to the Secretary, Officers or Members of the Committee, stating the candidate's name and address and expressing his willingness to abide by the rules, and shall be accompanied by the first subscription. The candidate shall thereupon be enrolled a member.
7. Any member 14 days in arrears with his dues may be debarred from the privileges of Membership and after notice sent by post to his address his name may be removed from the Roll of Members by the Committee.
8. The Committee may remove from the Roll of Members any member whose conduct on the range or upon any premises occupied by the Club, or elsewhere, is unseemly, objectionable or calculated to bring the Club into disrepute.
9. The Secretary or any Officer or member receiving any money on behalf of the Club shall forthwith hand the same to the Treasurer.
10. The Secretary shall have charge of all books, papers, accounts and documents of the Club. He shall duly record the proceedings of the Committee and at the General Meetings in the Minute Book; and he shall also conduct the correspondence and prepare the statement of accounts.
11. The Annual General Meeting shall be held as soon after the close of the financial year as possible at which time the following business shall be transacted: Election of President, Vice-President, Officers and Committee, receiving the Balance Sheet and Report of the Committee, revise and amend the Rules and By-laws. Not less than seven days' notice shall be given to convene a meeting.
12. Upon a requisition in writing duly setting out the purposes, signed by twenty members and delivered by post to the Secretary, the Committee shall, within 21 days, convene a meeting of the Club.
13. Upon such requisition being duly served and not complied with within six weeks, the requisitioners may themselves convene a meeting by giving seven days' notice in writing to the members, duly setting out the purposes for which such meeting is called and any resolutions passed at such meeting duly convened shall have the same force and effect as if they were passed at a meeting convened by the Committee.
14. Any officer or member of the Committee may be removed by a majority of two-thirds of the members present at any General Meeting duly convened under Rules 11, 12 and 13, and such vote may be taken by ballot.
Collins, A. Frederick. Shooting, for Boys,. New York: Moffat, Yard and, 1917. Print.
|Are you aware that Google is offering +1 to Everyone? Share your +1 with Every One of Your Friends by looking for the +1 on websites everywhere!" |
If you liked this site, click
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year