Removing Rust From Gun Barrels and Firearms
Removing rust from your gun barrel and action can be easily done following the method below.
Before you begin, the finish can be easily scratched, proceed with caution.
You will need the following:
1. Gun Oil
2. Very Fine Steel Wool, it has to be extra fine or you will scratch the finish!
3. Soft Cloth
4. An old towel
1. Ensure your firearm is unloaded.
2. Place the towel on your work area and rest the firearm on it.
3. Place a liberal amount of oil on the steel wool.
4. Lightly (very, very lightly) rub the rusted area of your gun barrel/firearm with the steel wool, adding oil whenever the area seems dry.
5. Stop often and wipe the area with an oiled rag and observe the progress.
6. When all the rust is removed, oil the gun barrel/firearm. You will need to oil the firearm regularly to ensure that rust does not occur again. This is especially true if any pitting has occurred.
|Are you aware that Google is offering +1 to Everyone? Share your +1 with Every One of Your Friends by looking for the +1 on websites everywhere!" |
If you liked this site, click
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year