Finding Rifling Twist Rate
Finding the rifling twist rate of a firearm is simple to do at home and can be done in a few minutes.
You really only need: a cleaning rod yard or meter stickbrass jagpatches permanent marker
1. Using your meter or yard stick as a straight edge, draw a line down the side of your cleaning rod.
2. Ensure the firearm is unloaded and with the brass jag and patch attached to the cleaning rod, place the rod 4-6 inches down the barrel.
3. Line up the mark you made on your cleaning rod with a mark on your barrel, it can be a scratch or nick, or the front site if your gun has one.
4. Place a mark on the cleaning rod at the point that it enters the barrel, you may use either the marker, or the tape. Tape is better, especially if you are going to be finding the rifling twist rate of more than one firearm.
5. Slowly push the cleaning rod into the barrel, allowing it to turn freely with the rifling. Stop when the line on the cleaning rod makes one full revolutions and returns to the mark you decided to use on the barrel (in step 3).
6. Place another piece of tape or mark on the cleaning rod at the point that it enters the barrel.
7. Remove the cleaning rod and measure the distance between the 2 marks. This is the rifling twist rate of your barrel.
|Are you aware that Google is offering +1 to Everyone? Share your +1 with Every One of Your Friends by looking for the +1 on websites everywhere!" |
If you liked this site, click
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year