Electronic game calls have been around for a while now, they have evolved from large heavy tape and record calling devices to ultra-compact digital devices. A good quality electronic game call can be had for as little as $100 or as much as $5-$600. Below you will find a list of things to consider before purchasing an electronic game call.
1. Are electronic game calls legal in your hunting area? Not all states allow the use of electronic game calls, while still others limit their use to predator hunting. Before you purchase a call to use while hunting check your state hunting regulations.
2. How much are you willing to spend? As stated above, electronic game calls are currently very reasonably priced. As with most things in life, the more you spend the more you get. Look for a unit that is waterproof, lightweight, powerful (loud) and offers the ability to change sounds easily.
3. Will you be using your electronic game call to hunt more than one species? If you plan on hunting more than one species with your game call, look for a model that allows you to change sounds easily. Some models are totally preprogrammed and do not allow the user to change sounds. Some electronic game calls require the user to send the call into the manufacturer to change sounds. A good electronic game call should allow the user to change sounds for different prey. Look for a model that uses cartridges or mp3 files that can be downloaded onto the call using a computer.
4. How long will the battery last? Nothing is worse than running out of battery power half way through a hunt, look for units that allow for at least 8 hours of run time off new batteries.
5. How loud is the unit? A good electronic game call will need to be loud, especially on windy stormy days. Look for an electronic game call that allows for volume adjustment and a loud top end without distortion.
6. Does the call offer a remote control as a part of the unit or as an option? This is really important to predator hunters, the last thing you want is the call sitting in your lap as a coyote comes over the ridge. A remote control allows the hunter to focus the animals attention in another area that the stand position.
By considering the above questions when buying an electronic game call you will ensure you get a call that will serve you well for years to come.
|Are you aware that Google is offering +1 to Everyone? Share your +1 with Every One of Your Friends by looking for the +1 on websites everywhere!" |
If you liked this site, click
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year