Cleaning a Bolt Action Rifle
Cleaning your bold action rifle will aid in accuracy and preserving its value.
Silicone Impregnated Cleaning Cloth
Brass Muzzles Guide if you are cleaning an autoloader or lever action
1. Ensure the firearm is unloaded.
2. Remove the Bolt from the firearm.
3. Pass a solvent soaked patch down the bore, starting at the action and ending at the muzzle.
4. If the bore is very dirty and has deposits of lead or copper, use a bore brush, and pass it again from action to muzzle.
5. Continue passing clean patches down the boar until no more residue is adhering to the patch.
6. If the rifle is to be stored, run a lightly oiled patch down the barrel.
7. Clean out the chamber area and bolt with the toothbrush.
8. Reassemble the action and wipe the entire gun with the silicone impregnated cloth. If is recommended that you do not store you rifle in a portable gun case, as they can trap moisture and ultimately contribute to rust.
Note: If you are cleaning an action that does not allow the cleaning rod to enter from the action; use a brass muzzle guard to protect the rifling and clean from the muzzle.
|Are you aware that Google is offering +1 to Everyone? Share your +1 with Every One of Your Friends by looking for the +1 on websites everywhere!" |
If you liked this site, click
Order Online 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week, 365 Days a Year